I definitely was not a morning person, but waffles always seemed to lighten my crappy mood. I went to go pop some in the oven when my cellphone began ringing.
I closed the oven door with one hand, and grabbed my phone with the other, quickly glancing at the caller ID befor pressing "Talk".
Only one person would call me this early in the morning- Amy Lynn, my best friend.
I put my phone to my ear. "What do you want?"
"Oooohh...." She responded. "I don't even get a 'good morning'? I should get at least a 'Hello' from my Kitty."
"Hahaha-" I sarcastically laughed. "Seriously why'd you call?"
"Can I come over? I'm hungry."
"Don't you have food?"
"Yeah, but I'm too lazy to make anything."
I sighed. "Fine, I actually making breakfast right now."
"What are you making?"
"I'm making-" Something smelt like it was burning! I gasped. "Waffles!"
I basically threw my phone on the counter top and darted over to the oven.
"Damn it." I muttered to myself.
I set the waffles on the stove top and picked my cell back up, only to be greeted with Amy frantically yelling into my eardrum.
"Kitty? Kitty? Katherine! Are you there?? Kitty!"
"Amy!" I yelled over her.
"Oh, thank God! I heard like yelling and your phone drop and I though someone was attacking you or something!!"
I sighed. Amy worried to much. "Nah, I'm fine. But unfortunately, the waffles aren't."
"Awww!!" She whined.
"I have cookies, though."
"Yay!"
******************************************************************
The two of us where sitting at the my dining room table, when Amy spoke up.
"Okay, so I have a plan. How about me, you, and Dustin go to the movies tonight?"
I groaned. The movies sounded fun, but I knew what Amy was up to. Every time we went to the movies, Amy would end up going to the bathroom, and never coming back, leaving me and Dus alone, which would somehow have the outcome of me and him magically form undying love for one another.
Dustin was my other best friend. I had a crush on him for years, but it simply passed. Ever since, its been Amy's life long goal to get the two of to hook up.
Honestly, I didn't like Dus that- at least anymore.
"That depends." I replied. "Your not going to have to 'go to the bathroom' again, are you?"
She shot me a cheeky smile. "I dunno... its not like I have a piss schedule..."
Great.
**********************************************************************
At about 7:00, Amy and I headed over to the the local movie theater in my small Prius.
As we walked in, Dustin waved and called our names.
"Kitty! Amy!"
We walked over, and I gave him a friendly hug.
"Hey Dus!"
"Hey, Kit."
"So.. you guys ready to go in for the movie?"
"Haha, duh. Who doesn't love Winnie the Pooh?" Dustin winked at the end.
I sighed. Of course, Amy being her nerdy self, would bring us to Winnie the freaking Pooh. But then again, that bear was pretty freaking awesome.
As usual, I was in the middle of Dus and Amy.
Oddly, we were the only ones in the theater.
Halfway through the movie, leaned over.
"Hey, I need to go use the bathroom."
I glanced over and shot her a threatening look.
"You sure about that, Amy?" I hissed.
She instantly cowered in fear. "I... er... uh, guess not."
I went back to watching the movie, only for her begin whining a few minutes later.
"Kitttttyyyyyyyyy!!!! I reallllllyyyyyy nneeeeddddd tooooo gooooo!!!"
"Ugh fine!" I groaned, waving her off.
She jumped up and began walking out.
After she was gone, Dus tapped me on the shoulder.
"She's not coming back, is she?"
Me and him had good through this too many times.
"Don't count on it, buddy."
No comments:
Post a Comment